Honley Business Association are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Honley Business Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018 and is compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- full name and company name
- contact information including website, phone number, email address, social media links
- demographic information such as postal address and postcode
- other information relevant to the services and products you provide to others
- which of our services and products you have expressed interest in
How we collect
We may collect information via the Honley Business Association website when you:-
- Submit your business as a HBA Member
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send emails about new events, special offers or other information from Honley Business Association which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. If we choose to do so in the future, you will be notified by email of our intentions, and have the right to be removed prior to the disclosure.
- We do use third party platforms such as MailChimp, PayPal to manage our communications and internal processes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Should you choose to do so, you can unsubscribe from our newsletters and email marketing at any time by unsubscribing when a newsletter is sent to you or by contacting us at email@example.com requesting us to unsubscribe you from email marketing and, if you wish us to do so, remove you from our database.
This website uses Google Analytics which uses “cookies”. These are small text files which are placed on your computer to help us to analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to decline or accept them through your browser settings. Declining cookies may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
HOW WE USE FACEBOOK
We may use Facebook pixels on our Honley Business Association websites. These collect or receive specific types of information but personal data is not stored by Honley Business Association.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we or they enter into with you ;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Honley Business Association Ltd, 25 Westgate, Honley, Holmfirth, HD9 6AA or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.